For the past two weeks, my class and I have been working on an art project – cupcakes made out of clay!
Here is how we did it -
1. Make a ball of clay.
2. Turn this ball into a pinch pot (which will be the base of your cupcake)
3. Make another ball of clay.
4. Turn this second ball into a pinch pot also (which will be the top of your cupcake)
5. For the top, make a cherry or some twirly icing.
6. Make sure when you attach clay on clay, you rough up the surface so the pieces stick together after they have dried.
7. Leave the cupcakes to dry (make sure base and lid are separate so they don’t dry-stick!)
8. Once dry, paint with acrylics and add glitter if you like.