I did a post here about my view on homework.
This post is all about what I do to inspire my kids to get their homework done and bring it in to school on time.
Homeworkopoly – which I found on Pinterest is the key to my sanity and has been very effective. I have only just introduced Homeworkopoly this term (Term 3 in Australia), when interest in homework was starting to wane and the students needed a bit of a pick up in their motivation.
If they land on a Community Lunchbox space, they pick a card from here:
- Mystery Prize: Choose a prize from the special box where things such as notepads, smelly pens, rubbers, sharpeners, etc are kept.
- Game Spot: Choose a quick max.15 min game that the class can play at some stage during the week e.g. bingo, buzz, etc.
- Free Homework: Choose one item from the homework sheet that you would like to skip this week.
- On the Bus: Do a job for the teacher to be able to move on e.g. wash paintbrushes or sweep, etc.
- Brain Binder: using the teacher’s laptop, complete a brain teaser/puzzle online.
- GO: When students pass ‘GO’ they can choose a sticker.